Professional carpet cleaning is recommended by organizations such as the IICRC, The Carpet & Rug Institute (CRI), as well as carpet manufactures. Once a year is usually the recommended frequency (12-18 months). However, cleaning can be recommended to be done even more frequently for those who suffer from certain respiratory sensitivities and/or allergies, for homes with indoor pets, high traffic areas or when spills result in spots or stains.
Our primary method of cleaning carpet is by hot-water extraction aka “steam cleaning”. That is also the method recommended for deep cleaning by the organizations mentioned above. And it is even required to maintain certain carpet warranties. Check out the relevant carpet manufacture website for more info about your carpets. Like this one from Stainmaster.
At EvoClean we use a very high powered, high heat, truck-mounted unit. For our customers, this means and overall better cleaning and experience. It means faster dry times, a quicker process and overall better cleaning results when compared to other cleaners. On top of that, we are professional knowledgeable, certified, and can provide properly suited services to help you enjoy a clean, beautiful, and healthy environment, with improved indoor air quality, and all of the benefits that come with having carpet in your home.
A Standard Carpet Cleaning Process:
Our primary, residential carpet cleaning process involves a high quality standard of carpet care. Our process involves the following steps:
1) Pre-Vacuuming (Dry Soil Removal): Nearly 80% of soil in carpet is insoluble (i.e. cannot be dissolved by water or some other chemical) and must be removed by vacuuming. Making sure that majority of dry, insoluble soil is removed from the carpet initially will help improve the overall results and make it a lot easier to remove the remaining soil.
2) Preconditioning (Soil Suspension): After vacuuming, to properly and effectively remove the remaining soils, a specifically formulated and properly mixed preconditioning agent (or pre-spray) must be applied to dissolve and separate soil from the carpet fibers.
3) Agitation: To ensure proper distribution of pre-spray and to aid in separating and suspending soils for complete removal, agitation, by either a manual rake or brush or a mechanical agitator, is done.
4) Rinse (Soil Extraction): To compete any cleaning process, the soil must be completely and thoroughly extracted. Our primary, residential method is what is known as hot water extraction (also known as: deep heat extraction or “steam” cleaning). This works by us utilizing a powerful truckmounted machine that provides the proper heat, pressure and vacuum to thoroughly rinse any applied chemical and suspended soil completely from your carpet.
5) Spot & Stain Removal: Inevitably, in certain situations, not all spots and stains can be completely removed during the regular cleaning procedure. Some might need more attention, and that is why we have a special spotting kit, with the right tools to remove spots and stains that cannot be completely removed during the regular cleaning.
6) Groom: Afterwards, we groom your carpet. This helps to properly distribute any post cleaning additives. It also can aid in the drying process, and it helps to create an overall even and presentable appearance to your carpet.
7) Drying: Damp carpet can lead to soiling issues, slip and fall hazards, as well as odor problems or just an inconvenience to you. That is why either through special drying fans of our own or ensuring that the proper ventilation and environment, we like to make sure the carpets dry promptly.
Along with our general carpet cleaning, we offer the application of carpet protector to restore your carpet’s ability to resist stains, spots, soils and to allow for easy clean up. We also carry a number of fragrances, deodorizers and odor counteractants to tackle a range of odor concerns, and we deal with several specialty stains and spots such as urine, rust, synthetic dyes, paints and more.
For more about information about our carpet cleaning services and additional services, check out our packages and specials. Also, be sure to checkout our other services.